If your website isn’t showing up on the first page of the search results on Yahoo, Bing, and Google, then prospective customers may not even know that your business exists. Improved search engine visibility may be crucial to boosting the number of visitors to your website, and that can result in higher sales and increased brand awareness.
However, what if you don’t have the technical expertise and time to improve the search engine rankings for your website? You should consider hiring Scott.Services a reputable and experienced SEO consultant to help you.
The following are some important questions to ask when you are interviewing a prospective SEO consultant:
1. Can I see a list of past and current clients?
Any reputable SEO consultant will be willing to share a short list of clients and their contact information. Those references can help you evaluate how effective the expert is and you can verify their work on SEO campaigns with the clients.
2. What will you do to improve the search engine rankings of my website?
You should avoid working with SEO consultants who will not provide details and discuss the methods that they use. They should be able to explain which strategies they will use to increase your site’s search engine rankings and provide you with an estimate of how long it might take to realistically achieve your SEO goals.
3. Do you adhere to webmaster guidelines?
You want to hire an SEO consult who follows the webmaster best practices published by Google. If those guidelines aren’t following then your website could be penalized or rank poorly.
4. Can you guarantee me that my website will get number one rankings on Yahoo, Bing, and Google?
If the consultant says yes, then head in the opposite direction. Number one rankings, or any ranking for that matter, cannot be guaranteed and only an unethical SEO consultant would make such a claim.
5. Do you have experience with making improvements to local search results? It is especially important to appear on the top of local search results if you are a small brick-and-mortar business that is looking to attract nearby customers. You need to have a consultant with experience in local SEO methods and strategies.
To achieve this the SEO expert can add your company’s city and state to the meta descriptions and title tags of your website, get your site listed on the local listings of Yahoo, Google, and Bing, which are online business directories that provide services and products to a specifical local area.
6. How do you measure and monitor the success of an SEO campaign?
An experienced SEO consultant should have experience using Google Analytics for tracking improvement in the search engine rankings of your site, the type of keyword searches that are being used to find your website, and a lot more.
8. How do you communicate with clients?
Customer service standards and communication styles of SEO consultants can vary a lot. It is important to find a professional to work with whose approach and personality fit in well with you and your needs. Find out if the person prefers email, texting, Skype or the phone for communicating. Also, ask how frequently they will be providing you with your status updates.